“My daughter immensely enjoyed her experience at your science camp. She was able to do hands on science experiments and work with equipment which she wasn't able to do at school. It made a lot of concepts that she had learned about in school come to life. The field trip to Flat Foot Lake collecting water samples was her favorite. … She felt like a scientist when the camp was over and so excited to come back this year. Thank you for this opportunity. “
Cassandra L. Eddings
Parent of Participant
Girls 4 Science Programs
G4S draws upon external partners to provide comprehensive hands-on, personal experiences during our summer and fall six-week sessions. It is Chicago's only all-girls science initiative providing certified instructors in a state of the art laboratory. It is also an organization offering a noncompetitive, peer-to-peer environment of encouragement.
We fulfill our mission in several ways that have proven successful in retaining girls' interest in STEM subjects:
• Science Exploration through conducting experiments and study in small groups, which fosters self-confidence and collegial networks
• Field Trips to museums, zoos, businesses, nature preserves and other sites to supplement and enhance laboratory assignments
• Mentorships to introduce girls to women pioneers in science and technology, as well as to professionals and college students who can offer guidance and a friendly ear
• Scholarships to select 12th graders who have completed at least 12 weeks of the G4S program and seek to apply for undergraduate study in science, technology, math or engineering
Girls for Science has an open enrollment policy that does not discriminate on the basis on financial need.
Register NOW :
All new and returning students must complete a registration application. Only complete one application below, and select the site your daughter will attend this Spring...
2013 Girls For Science Report Card:
- 35 Schools represented throughout the Chicagoland area
- 100 Girls participate in G4S each quarter
- Over 80% returning participants each quarter
- 11 New volunteers each quarter
- 94% Confident in Science upon completing the program
G4S Sites of Operation:
– Olive Harvey Community College - Chicago, IL
– Malcolm X Community College - Chicago, IL
– University of St. Francis - Joliet, IL
Copyright © 2014- Girls4Science
Girls4Science P.O. Box 288958 | Chicago, IL 60628 | Office 773.401.6685
Girls4Science is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.